May it be physical fitness, discipline, team coordination, cooperation, team spirit, motivation or enthusiasm etc. Sports can and do turn up as a single medium through which a person can inculcate all such qualities. Geeta Jyoti pays extreme attention to this segment and has made efficacious efforts to promote this stream within its students.
- Chess: Fully equipped rooms with inbuilt chess boards along with expertise chess coaching.
- Table Tennis: Adequate provision for evening practice is made with proper halogen lighting for this sport as well.
- Carrom: Fully equipped rooms with inbuilt carrom boards along with expertise carrom coaching.
- Basketball: The sport seems to have enthused our students so much so that besides our the members of our regular school team, students from different classes too are beginning to take interest in it. A number of our budding players can be seen shooting baskets at the newly constructed cemented anti-skid basketball court that is equipped with the state-of-the-art facilities of international standards. These include poles of international standards and flood lights to facilitate night plays for the purpose of training. To ensure that the beginners get enough space and time to practice, we have a mini basketball court for them to improve their game.
- Badminton: Classic badminton niche combined with perfect halogen lighting and an indoor hall for the same is another asset of Geeta Jyoti’s Sports section.
- Lawn Tennis: Adequate provision for evening practice is made with proper halogen lighting for this sport as well.
- Recreational Games: Games are not just the source of competition; they are the channel for fun and entertainment too and are also the medium to invigorate the sports heritage followed in streets at old times. So, Geeta Jyoti made an effort to make it a part of its sports regime too.
“Sport is part of every man and woman's heritage and its absence can never be compensated for”
We also participated in FIT INDIA MOVEMENT and won certificate organised by Govt. Of India.